Laubach is a town in the district of Giessen, in Hesse, Germany. Laubach is known as a “Luftkurort," which means “fresh air resort.” Laubach is a small to
Laubach | |
|---|---|
| Coordinates: 50°32′N 08°59.4′E / 50.533°N 8.9900°E | |
| Country | Germany |
| State | Hesse |
| Admin. region | Gießen |
| District | Gießen |
| Government | |
| • Mayor | Peter Klug (non-party) |
| Area | |
| • Total | 97.01 km2 (37.46 sq mi) |
| Elevation | 230 m (750 ft) |
| Population (2023-12-31)[1] | |
| • Total | 9,844 |
| • Density | 100/km2 (260/sq mi) |
| Time zone | UTC+01:00 (CET) |
| • Summer (DST) | UTC+02:00 (CEST) |
| Postal codes | 35321 |
| Dialling codes | 06405 |
| Vehicle registration | GI |
| Website | www |
Laubach is a town in the district of Giessen, in Hesse, Germany. Laubach is known as a “Luftkurort," which means “fresh air resort.” Laubach is a small town. It has a population of about 10,000 people. It is 23 kilometres (14 miles) east of the city of Giessen. Surrounding Laubach are the small towns of Hungen, Grünberg, Schotten and Lich.

The Laubach woods are part of the foothills of the Vogelsberg (Bird Mountain). Laubach is an area of interest to tourists because it has many historic and colorful half-timbered (fachwerk) buildings,. The main attraction is the castle. The castle was built in the thirteenth century. It belongs to the Count Solms-Laubach family. One of the largest private libraries in Europe is inside the castle. The castle library has more than 120,000 books and manuscripts. In the Johann Gutenberg Museum in Mainz is an original Gutenberg Bible which came from the castle library. The castle grounds include a large park. There is a lake for swans in the park. The park is open to the public without charge.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Laubach used to be named St. Maria. The oldest part of the church was built in the twelfth century. The church was renovated in the eighteenth century. Inside the church is a baroque organ.
The main street of Laubach is Friedrichstrasse. On this street is the former district courthouse Archived 2007-10-06 at the Wayback Machine, and the city hall, and the Heimat Museum.
The Heimat Museum Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine is the local history museum. It was originally built near the town of Gonterskirchen in 1750 by Count August Solms-Laubach. The building was moved to its present location in 1832. For many years it was a school. Now it is a museum. In the museum is a permanent exhibit honoring Friedrich Kellner.

Media related to Laubach at Wikimedia Commons
Informasi ini disarikan dari Wikipedia dan disajikan kembali untuk tujuan edukasi. Konten tersedia di bawah lisensi CC BY-SA 3.0. Kami tidak bertanggung jawab atas ketidakakuratan data yang bersumber dari kontribusi publik tersebut.